Monday, September 1, 2008

Violence In Small Towns

This past friday night, a few of my friends were headed to the bar. They parked their car in a big empty parking lot behind a bank, which is close to the bar. They were starting to walk towards the bar when one of my friends was punched in the back of the head. WTF sy the other two as they also get hit. I'm not sure what else happened as I didn't see it. But from what I know, one of them (my friends) had to get about 5 stiches in his lip, and the other two were also taken to hospital to get checked out.

Of course a police report was made, however, these friends of mine said that they have never seen these guys before.

Alrighty in a town with a population of approximately 23,000 people, you would think that viloence wouldn't be a huge problem. Well in the past month, a black man had been stabbed by a bunch of teenage white gangbangers. The scary thing to add to this is, the stabbing happened within two blocks of my friends getting beaten. The police, well they do their best, but, a small town all of this should be easy, but it's not, I guess.

The one friend who was jumped, was visiting from calgary, a 'BIG BAD CITY,' he comes here, and well, you get the point. What is the world coming to, who knows... I think we need more vigilante's out in this town. ~I will raise my hand, and volunteer my services, as long as there's some sort of guarantee~

This never used to be a city that anyone should be scared of going out at dark, atleast i never have. All of a sudden in the past month it seems you can't go out at night. First it seemed like 'black' people weren't allowed out at night, now it's anyone. Kind of interested to see what happens here over the rest of the year...

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

CCTV cameras everywhere in Owen Sound!! And we watch 'em!